Friday, June 29, 2012

Incredible Journey

SPOILER ALERT:  I am 47% through LAW MAN. 

STILL THEY RIDE?!?  Holy shit.

I have been bitching in my head a bit about Book 3 because no one's been gettin' busy...and Mara has made a new dictionary entry with the somewhat non-wordish word "Um".  (Actually - not true - it's listed in Merriam Webster.  Who knew?)

And then...47% of the way through this book...Mitch and Mara are sitting in his TASTY living room and boyfriend turns OFF the game and turns ON "Still They Ride" from Journey.  A phenomenal song I haven't heard in YEARS but you'd better bet your ASS I'm about to download from iTunes in about 2.3 seconds.

I could go into the time (my sister) Tracey and I went to see the Jam with John Cougar (before he was Mellencamp again), Sammy Hagar, Bryan Adams, The Tubes and culminating in the most orgasmic Journey show to date at JFK stadium in Philadelphia in the early 80s...and I got hit in the head with a ham sandwich.  But that's a completely different story.  And right now, I have to get back to Mitch, that fantastic couch and Steve Perry belting out "the strong will surviveeeeeee".  Well worth fifty thousand "um's" y'all.  WELL worth them.

PS - I was reading on a lounge chair at my pool with my hubby sitting in the lounge chair next to me and the kids swimming happily when I got to that point and I sat up and forcefully said "Oh my god - STILL THEY RIDE!!!!"  Needless to say, Hub told me in an annoyed voice: "Ya know...None of us are reading what you're reading right now."  LOL!!!

5 comments:

  1. Back up. You got hit in the head with a ham sandwich at a Journey concert? ROTFL (unless you were hurt. In which case I'll stop laughing)

    I must listen to the song now, Carol, cause I obviously missed an important moment.

    LOL @ Tom! Smart Ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is Still They Ride???????????? See? Thank goodness you read these books and point out all the highly relevant............ummmmmm....stuff. LOL. I REMEMBER the couch though..........ummmmm.

    Ham sandwich. Please expand on that. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta get Tracey in here for this. LOL We were at this concert, aptly titled "The Jam" at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia in like 1982 or 83...and a food fight broke out halfway through the day. And it was raining on and off...so everyone had umbrellas...and I promptly put mine up when I got hit in the head with a ham sandwich. It was pretty funny and didn't hurt in the least. I wish video was around back then like it is now...because I'd have made quite the youtube vid that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I just finished this book yesterday and it definitely gets better...friends from the other two books in this series make appearances and those are so fun and IMO, the best parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must listen to this now! I loved this book. Mitch is just the right kind of yummy for real life. LOL.

    ReplyDelete