Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Let's Get it On

SPOILER ALERT:  I'm starting Chapter Nine in LAW MAN. 

Oh my god.  I'm EXHAUSTED with Mara's "ums".  Honey just put your self doubt on hold and HOP ON POP!!!!!  What is she WAITING for?!?  She knows Mitch digs her.  Why prolong this whole thing?  And why doesn't he just KISS HER and get it over with?!?  She said she'd cave if he used his soft voice on her...what do you think she'll do if boyfriend lays a mean, sloppy one on her?  She'll be like "Um, OK, you and your mammy can watch my sortof kids and clean my house and wash my car AND I'll even let you make me dinner 5 nights a week, mmmhay?"

I can't take it anymore.  She can't be that stupid.  She's got a $5,000 nest egg AND a house fund, for pete's sake.  Girlfriend has a good job and pays the bills.  She CANNOT be this stupid.

Which means...it's going to get GOOD once Manly Mitch starts digging around in her past and finds out all sorts of stuff he does NOT necessarily want to know.  You KNOW she grew up like Daryl and his other brother Daryl Billie and Billy and had a shit life and has zero self esteem because of it.  Mmm hmm.  Now...I didn't grow up like that but I've got my own issues with self esteem, so trust me; mama knows.

This...is getting good.

PS - I don't know what to do with my Mitch.  From Day 1...in Mystery Man...I've seen him as Rick Rossovich from Roxanne, Top Gun, etc.  Which is fine...except the fact that he looked like that in the 80s.  I need someone current day!  AND he's on youtube...current day...grey hair and all....still looking hot for his age...but hawking some kind of natural PMS solution for his wife!!!

Dude...WTF?!  That's totally sweet but NOT helping when I'm trying to envision a hot, testosterone-laden piece of FINE ASS who buys little girls butterflies and flower barrettes at TARJAY!  Capice, compadre?!

Either way...I fear he's too ingrained in my brain at this point.  LOOK at him.  Hot-a-licious, right?

(Check him out at about 34 seconds in.  Day-um boy!)

9 comments:

  1. I can't remember a thing from your post after watching that. Oh gawd. Remember when Tom Cruise was Tom Cruise? Not freaky-Tom Cruise?

    And Ice Man? OMGosh. I think I loved Ice even more that Tom.

    ok, now what were we talking about? I need a cold compress..........brb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm back. I've walked it off.

    LMAO @ Darryl!! Too true.

    You've yada, yada, yada'd over the pizza. Did you not DIE when M goes over to knock on his door and he has company? OMgosh. I was just SICK. Then she takes off? LOVE that angst.

    o oo oooooooooooo, what about when Mitch comes over to fix the tap? LOLOLOLOL! And he turns to her and says something like, "YOU sell mattresses?" I just loooooooooooooved her freak-out when Mitch was in her apartment. I would TOTALLY have been like that.

    How much do I love Mitch's love for those kids? Ahhhhhhhhh. He's a real man. A real man buys teddy bears and little girl hair do-dads, car seats and groceries.

    I love this man.

    Now I'm off to check out this mysterious PMS cure. Not that I need it or anything................

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Rick Rossovich ... I totally LOVED him in the volley ball scene in Top Gun. Can we rewind time and keep him that way!??! I agree with JJ .. back then Tom was HOT! Now, ehhhh, not so much. He's too whacked-out crazy.

    Anyhoo, back to Mitch ... YUMMM!! How can you NOT love a man who buys hair stuff (let alone knows what hair stuff to get) for a little girl, a teddy bear, a car seat (like any real man would even think of that) not to mention boy stuff. I just had flashes to the 'Christian Grey penetrates the 'Burbs' video where CG picks up the ice cream cake. Again - YUMM!!! ... I'm going to keep that lovely vision in my head the rest of the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying this one more than Sweet Dreams - I like the angst between the two of them as well. I do wish Mara would stop acting like such a scaredy cat; but I LOVE the whole rating system thing she has going. I find such humor thrown into KA's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh not Sweet Dreams, I meant more than Wild Man. Sorry, I'm confusing series!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I know that I'm hopelessly behind on this blog, but DAY-UM, Carol! You always know just the right guy!

    That's one of my favorite scenes from Top Gun (though I prefer the original music), and RR is a BIG reason for that. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK Carol. So finally I am reading Mystery Man..... can't seem to find your blog on this book anywhere, but that's understandable considering I am on my second glass of pinot and not focusing too well. Initially i was gonna write and say wtf?? well maybe not that strongly - this was prolly 4 pages into my epud version of the book. BUT I am thinking again, .... girlfriend just met biker yummy with the salt and pepper hair, not too wavy etc etc and I am thinking (slowly mind you, because I am a little past tight, as we say in the islands when we are drunk) ok Carol might be on to something here. I continue to read....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Surah!! Look at the tabs - it's above the blog. You are CRACKINGGGG me up! I am so saying I'm a "little past tight" next time I have some pinot! Love that! PS - Here is the link to Mystery Man, just in case... ;)

      http://mymysterymanpurgatory.blogspot.com/

      Delete