Saturday, August 25, 2012

Today's Tom Sawyer

SPOILER ALERT:  Starting Chapter 10 - aka 21% in Motorcycle Man. 

I have to admit something.  I truly thought "Rush" was going to have been named for the band.  Come to find out he's always in a rush.  NOT that that's not a fun reason to be named "Rush".  I just was expecting something involving the greatest drummer of all time.  Not to mention the band that FAILED AS THEMSELVES in Guitar Hero.  Let's be honest; that shit is funny.

OK sorry - back to Tack et al...

Poor Tyra is shitting her pantalones because she's got to tell Lanie that her fiance is a dirtbag.  Well, actually, he doesn't sound like all that much of a dirtbag but Tack says he is...so that's that.  I can't figure out if Tack knew him or if they just met for the first time at Tyra's.  I'm sure I'll figure it out.  Clearly Elliot is messed up with the Russian mob dude from Law Man.  THAT should be an interesting story; I'm looking forward to it.

I liked meeting Tabby and Rush - they sound like cool kids.  I keep wondering what things are like for them at school, since Tack is their dad.  Can you imagine the chatter in the cafeteria and on the grassy knoll?  "That's Rush.  Don't mess with him.  His dad is a badass."

Tack may be my favorite dream man at this point.  He is delish.  Everything sounds hot coming out of his mouth. (Even (especially?) the stuff I usually send giggly email to the girls about because I grew up going to Catholic school.)  But I'm having a hard time visualizing him.  I think I see him as some type of morphing of Joe Manganiello, Dominic Purcell and Hulk Hogan.  I know; I'm wacked.  Check it out and let me know what you think!








6 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh! I think I like the last guy. I initially pictured Joe M. but he's my Sweet Dreams guy now. Totally. I think Tack is awesome. I need more giggly emails.

    P.S. That pic of Hulk Hogan is going to make me pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the video of Rush that you linked. Man, I love Geddy Lee's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....where are my giggly emails??? LOL. I can't quite picture Tack right now. But Hildy I totally could see Joe M as Sweet Dreams guy. He was totally Tack Lite for me. But in an awesome totally good way. I should check the publication dates of these books. This is now kind of like the chicken/egg question for me. Who came first? Tack or Tate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen Ashley has a great pic of a Tack on her Facebook page. I think a fan may have posted it, but it's delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. It's actually on the fan page for totallybooked. https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.258103774300401.52748.257135974397181&type=3

      Delete
    2. HOLY CRAP, HEATHER! You are my HERO!!!!!!! THANKS for posting that!!! OMG it was delish!!!!

      Delete