Thursday, August 23, 2012

Things Is Gonna Be Changin' Round Here. Pass Me That Pizza, Boy.

SPOILER ALERT - I'm 12 % into Motorcycle Man.

THE COLOR PURPLE?!?  ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

This is like my "Still They Ride" moment from Wild Man!

"Y'ALL WAS ROTTEN KIDS! YOU WASSSS!!!!! YOU WAS ROTTEN KIDS!!!!!!!"

OH my god.  The Color Purple is my favorite drama.  Of all time.  (I say "drama" because my favorite movie - "Arthur" - is a comedy...but The Color Purple is in my top 5 and definitely the greatest drama EVER.)  And I'm a little rusty because I haven't seen it from start to finish in quite a while.  But whenever it's a nasty, wet day outside and I have to run to my car, the first thing I think is:

"It's go' rain on yo' head!"

OH my god I can't believe they're watching The Color Purple.  And of course, Tack is all "WTF is this shit?"  And I am still in disbelief that he's a) on her couch and b) has just shared so fully and matter of factly.  And damnit...now I want pizza.

And, you know...I think I like Tyra's somewhat mindless job.  I haven't had a real PAYING job in 10 years, since my kids were born.  (Can't count the film production stuff until we start making $$!)  And I'm thinking "I might just get me a job at a place where I can answer the phones, type in the orders and bring donuts for the mechanic/body work dudes."  How fun does that sound?  No pressure, just light banter with biker dudes...and no hassle.  Where do I sign up?!

And PS - am I the only one who thinks "Holy crap, Dream Man would be an awesome TV series"???  They can all it friggin "Denver".  Like "Dallas"!  And rotate the storylines.  It. Would. RULE.  I am going to cast this shit on the blog pretty soon; it's too juicy not to.

Fucking THE COLOR PURPLE, Y'ALL!!!  "When I see'd you...I know'd there is a God.  I KNOW'D there is a God."

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you here - I wish they'd film these books too. I live not too far from Denver, just was there last weekend (Il Divo concert) and think of Kristen Ashley every time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I peed when I read this, "Fifteen minutes later, Tack muttered, "Jesus, Red, what is this?"
    "The Color Purple," I answered, not looking at him.

    That was NOT the movie I was expecting Tyra to put in, LMAO!

    A Dream Man tv series would ROCK! So would a Rock Chick tv series. But you will learn that soon.

    I would LOVE to see you working at Ride!

    Julia,
    were there super-hawt-badass guys everywhere you looked? Denver should make KA their state hero or Patron Saint or at least have a holiday in her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I really need to live inside your head while you are reading these books! I know that you blog it but whatever. I'm sure it would be even better 'live.' I'd love to work at Ride or maybe a biker bar like in the Colorado Mountain series. I just wanna wear a Harley t-shirt and try not to get kidnapped. That seems relatively easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Carol... I've missed you and your Dream Man blogging. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. This blog is way funny. I'm so glad you are now on Motorcycle man and I can laugh as you read through. When he put on the Color Purple(which I have never seen all the way through) I fell out laughing. I was NOT expecting that. Steel Magnolias-yes. LOL

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Reese!
    The Colour Purple was the perfect movie to choose in that moment. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ducking....I have never seen The Color Purple.....but it was still freaking funny for me because it seems like it would be such a chick flick. Ditto on the welcome back to KA land Carol. We have missed you!! I'm still firmly on the KA train right now. I will probably cry when I finish her entire catalog of books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hawk is so the shit! That hospital scene when he told Gwen to "go to him"... man I could just reach in and grab Hawk's throat... just so I could touch him of course, nothing dramatic like Tack wanting to make sure his old lady breathes an shit.... naw just to touch him while Gwen was busy huggin my badass biker hottie who (still) has the hots for her curvy ass but could not even take advantage of the sitch cuz he was paralysed with dread and fear that he touched Red's throat for the last time AND also realizing that Hawk just might buss a cap in him if he did! rotflmao!! That Gwen was lucky as hell my Tyra was otherwise engaged trying to restart her heart that had stopped beating for a whole minute and some, and did not see that shit going down out in the waiting room. Can you say Bitch Slap?? Sho nuff it would not have been pretty!

    ReplyDelete